No lights on Honeywell HCW80 relay unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Honeywell HCW80 relay unit is not lighting up at all when I press or hold the button. I believe this fault is causing my central heating to have stopped. Looking behind the cover, things look fine, but I'm no expert. What would be the best course of action here?

Picture of the relay unit I'm on about:
s-l1600.jpg

Sponsored Links
you will have to remove the unit from the back plate and see if you are getting 240vAC between live and neutral, could someone have turned off the fused spur by mistake ?

you will have to remove the unit from the back plate and see if you are getting 240vAC between live and neutral, could someone have turned off the fused spur by mistake ?
Will I have to use one of these? https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-mas830b-digital-multimeter-600v/75337
I will have to check around for a fused spur. There is one below the unit but it's for the boiler itself.

Could I try and connect some of the terminals in order to send an ignition signal to the boiler? If so, what object could I use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back