No lights on Potterton Suprima 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Suprima 30 connected to a boilermate II, they are about 11 years old and today I had no hot water. The boiler isolation fuse is fine and there is electricity leaving the isolation box. There are no LEDs illuminated on the boiler and I tested the 'mains' in to find no supply voltage. I am confused as to why the leads leaving the isolator are black/red and the one labelled 'mains' into the boiler PCB are brown/blue. This aside, all I have changed between having water yesterday and non today was the thermostat temperature (down to 0), which seems an unlikely cause as the boilermate store temperature and boiler setting are both still at max. I have put it back up now anyway.
Any ideas what might have caused the failure in boiler power?

Sponsored Links
I am confused as to why the leads leaving the isolator are black/red and the one labelled 'mains' into the boiler PCB are brown/blue.

new_wiring_regs.jpg

13A

I get what the colours mean, but the wire from the FCU must connected to a secondary place that I can't locate if a newer wire then leads into the PCB. I was just trying to trace the drop in V from the FCU is all.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back