No more Gas Re-sits!

• Thread starter charliechaplinspants
  • Start date
C

charliechaplinspants

Is this true? anyone else heard this? Apparently, they are thinking about abolishing the 5 yearly re-sit for Gas personnel. Good idea or not ? could be dangerous when you can pass it in 4- 6 weeks if you have three grand. Any opinions on this? At least if you are a 4 week wannabe you can be sussed within the first 20 minutes. If you are useless who`s gonna monitor your incompetence? Scary!.......... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Well, I'm due to re-sit mine in November. Cheerio £1000 plus loss of time. Knowing my luck it'll be abolished in December!

TBH, this is the first I've heard this.

Much too nice a money spinner for the government, they'll keep it.
Where does this rumour come from?

Sponsored Links
Must have gone through it too quickly in my haste to recycle it, did not notice anything about it..
Mind you, I have only had one issue. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And no booklet.
Funnily enough, I have had the bill. :evil:

I hope they don't get rid of it, just done mine recently, there was a bloke on his first assessment with me who definately wasn't competent, he had his brother signing off his 'on the job' sheets.....I don't believe he was ready to take the assessment.

We'll end up with a load of dangerous RGI's. :eek:

Unless I misunderstand what is happening, how can it be more dangerous?

Surely it is the first assessment which counts most. You are talking about people who have got through the first assessment after which they are at the mercy of the prv inspection. Then they are out there. That won't change will it? So where is the beef with puting an end to unnecesary going over the same old ground in five years for guys like me whose workaday knowledge and practice exceeds the standards of acs. What's the point taxing me further with questions 99% of which I will know off the top of my head and charging me over a grand for the privilage.

Bring it into line with other forms of proof of continuing education and knowledge base with evidence of ongoing learning and experience. Such as keeping a portfolio of evidence for inspection when a gas safe inspector calls.

Get out of the stone age.

Like GWN, it is not about safety, but about money. If they were interested in safety, they would get the cowboys off the street.
And guns, knives, uninsured cars etc, etc, etc.

What exactly is the ACS - I have heard of it, I am thinking it must be an assessment / course required to be safe to work on gas ?? what does it include?

IMO gas safety should be a compulsory assessment every 2 years for gas operatives (maybe a 1 day course) and only cost £50-100.

What exactly is the ACS - I have heard of it, I am thinking it must be an assessment / course required to be safe to work on gas ?? what does it include?

IMO gas safety should be a compulsory assessment every 2 years for gas operatives (maybe a 1 day course) and only cost £50-100.

How on earth can you form an opinion about something if you don't have the foggiest idea what it is about? :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Clearly someone who isn't a gas fitter directs these matters, or is it a gas fitter on a monthly injection which he doesn't think he needs..

Surely if nobody's ever reassessed there'll be no way of ensuring they're keeping up with the regulation changes, we'll have different people working off different versions of the regs, it'll just make the whole system a complete mess

How on earth can you form an opinion about something if you don't have the foggiest idea what it is about? :rolleyes:

well the knobs that write the tests have got away with it for how many years!!!
Well, there is that. :LOL:
Mind you, they are getting better; there were 3 questions about steamers, and a picture of what looked suspiciously like a sine with the caption: a modern combi. :rolleyes: or something along those lines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back