No one 'wants' to be on benefits!

Do you understand the basic economic principle that we need a certain percentage of unemployed people to make the labour market function?
We are taking in huge numbers of foreigners, supposedly to fill vacancies, so the principle you mention is irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
There are thousands of jobs, what other adults choose to do is of no interest to me. I'm too busy figuring things out for myself and earning my own living.

One of your main problems, is that you come up with these simplistic ideas, and then when someone subjects you to even the mildest questioning, you don't have the courage to defend them.

Do you believe that people who are caring full time for an elderly relative should have to work?
Depends - if somebody otherwise has to be employed to care for that person, there could be merit in paying the family member to do it. But fundamentally, it is beside the point. I don't see why I should have to pay for them - that is on them. You seem to view people and the world as things you can move around and direct like pieces on a chess board. They are not. I think we need to have more personal responsibility and people thinking and planning for themselves, including their old age, rather than outsourcing their thinking to government, which is generally crap at everything it does, and depending on others.

In any case, by focusing on specific instances and ignoring the hundreds of others, you are not effectively challenging or disproving the principle I have laid out.

Sponsored Links
In any case, by focusing on specific instances and ignoring the hundreds of others, you are not effectively challenging or disproving the principle I have laid out.

It's been like boiling a frog. I've been laying out the main categories of people who claim benefits, and seeing what your views are.

We are taking in huge numbers of foreigners, supposedly to fill vacancies
No we arent

500,000 in 2022 were foreign students and in addition there were lots of dependents that came with them.

It's been like boiling a frog. I've been laying out the main categories of people who claim benefits, and seeing what your views are.
There's a simple solution to this. You pay for what you believe in. You can voluntarily pay more tax. Also, I think we should have a tax system where people like me can opt out of things we don't want, and you can opt in for all these things you do want. You can pay in more to help the people you are concerned about? This way, I'm happy and you're happy.

You can also take in some "refugees" whilst you're at it. Or... are you one of these people who vociferously supports the "refugees" being here but, beyond the virtue signalling and when it comes down to the actual sacrifices involved, prefers other people to pay the price - like poorer people who end up with even worse access to affordable housing?

if somebody otherwise has to be employed to care for that person, there could be merit in paying the family member to do it
Family members already do where they can

Families only call in domiciliary care when they can’t manage: ie if they work or live to far away

Or the elderly relative can’t be cared for at home, so need to go into a home: dementia being the most common reason.

There's a simple solution to this. You pay for what you believe in. You can voluntarily pay more tax. Also, I think we should have a tax system where people like me can opt out of things we don't want, and you can opt in for all these things you do want. You can pay in more to help the people you are concerned about? This way, I'm happy and you're happy.

You can also take in some "refugees" whilst you're at it. Or... are you one of these people who vociferously supports the "refugees" being here but, beyond the virtue signalling and when it comes down to the actual sacrifices involved, prefers other people to pay the price - like poorer people who end up with even worse access to affordable housing?

Hey Jonathan M….good luck unscrambling that.

And the ridiculous, childlike ideas just keep coming :LOL:

Bearing in mind you are so unhappy with how we do things in this country, have you ever thought of moving elsewhere?

And the ridiculous, childlike ideas just keep coming :LOL:

Bearing in mind you are so unhappy with how we do things in this country, have you ever thought of moving elsewhere?
I admire your perseverance in trying to get through to him.

I cannot read most of his postings, let alone decipher them. I don't put anybody on ignore, I like free speech (but this guy gets close), but I just don't, can't, read most of his utterances

I admire your perseverance in trying to get through to him.

I cannot read most of his postings, let alone decipher them. I don't put anybody on ignore, I like free speech (but this guy gets close), but I just don't, can't, read most of his utterances

I was the last man standing with Space Junkie and also his previous incarnation. I hate being rude to people when they take the time to engage.

Sponsored Links
Back