no power light on Accenta alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i despreatley need some help.

I have had some building work in my house and the electricity has been on and off a few times.

the other day i went to set my alarm and noticed that the keypad was lit up but there was no power light on.

I pressed the buttons on the keypad and nothing happened.

All the PIR's seem to be working ok, ie when they detect they flash, but im unable to set my alarm.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks

this is the keypad i have

[url]http://www.scotthomesecurity.com/index_files/image563.jpg[/url]

Sponsored Links
hi there
i would say that ya panel has locked out! just like a pc!!!!!!
you need to take the panel lid off (the main brain) disconect the battery then the mains fuse, re-power the system using the battery first then install the fuse!
while you are doing this, the alarm will start ringing, ignore till the mains is back on, then punch in ya code!
then replace ya back up battery cus its foooooooooooked! ;)

how do i disconnect the battery?

i have disconnected the main fuse a few times but it still does not work.

Sponsored Links
hi there
i would say that ya panel has locked out! just like a pc!!!!!!
you need to take the panel lid off (the main brain) disconect the battery then the mains fuse, re-power the system using the battery first then install the fuse!
while you are doing this, the alarm will start ringing, ignore till the mains is back on, then punch in ya code!
then replace ya back up battery cus its foooooooooooked! ;)

wont work with a duff battery will it (that scenario is whats likely to have caused the problem to start with)

ignore the doomsayers and power it up as if it was a new install - mains first then fit a new battery

Manufacturers state (in their official manuals) BATTERY FIRST. Ignore anyone that tells you otherwise.

Oh and Saxondale? Why would anyone power up with a duff battery if they have a new one to hand? Not very good advice you are giving is it?

Manufacturers state (in their official manuals) BATTERY FIRST. Ignore anyone that tells you otherwise.

Oh and Saxondale? Why would anyone power up with a duff battery if they have a new one to hand? Not very good advice you are giving is it?

totaly agree there jim, you`ve obviously not read the thread so go re - read alpha alarms post, its him said to get it going then change the battery

AS FOR THE REST OF IT YOUR VERY BORING - THIS ISNT A "PLANNED POWER DOWN" SCENARIO ITS A LOCKED OUT PANEL CAUSED BY HAVING A DUFF BATTERY IN THE SYSTEM WHEN THE MAINS IS APPLIED - THE CORRECT PROCEDURE (DIRECT FROM THE MANFS) IS TO TAKE THE SYSTEM BACK TO THE POINT IT LOCKED THEN RECREATE THE SCENARIO WITHOUT THE DUFF BATTERY

ITS JUST A SHAME THE IGNORE BUTTON DOESNT STOP GENUINE PEOPLE WITH REAL WORLD PROBLEMS HAVING TO READ YOUR DRIVEL

O/P like I said "ignore the doomsayers" theres plenty of threads with this problem to read and guess what ? we get the system going even without joe90`s interferance

I am still none the wiser on how to disconnect the battery:(

any help?

right, found out how to disconnect the batt.

the voltage across the batt was 4.4 volts, think it should be 12volts.

what is the correct procedure for replacing the batt then?

many thanks
[/url]

totaly agree there jim, you`ve obviously not read the thread so go re - read alpha alarms post, its him said to get it going then change the battery

AS FOR THE REST OF IT YOUR VERY BORING - THIS ISNT A "PLANNED POWER DOWN" SCENARIO ITS A LOCKED OUT PANEL CAUSED BY HAVING A DUFF BATTERY IN THE SYSTEM WHEN THE MAINS IS APPLIED - THE CORRECT PROCEDURE (DIRECT FROM THE MANFS) IS TO TAKE THE SYSTEM BACK TO THE POINT IT LOCKED THEN RECREATE THE SCENARIO WITHOUT THE DUFF BATTERY

ITS JUST A SHAME THE IGNORE BUTTON DOESNT STOP GENUINE PEOPLE WITH REAL WORLD PROBLEMS HAVING TO READ YOUR DRIVEL

O/P like I said "ignore the doomsayers" theres plenty of threads with this problem to read and guess what ? we get the system going even without joe90`s interferance

I'm sorry mate, but all the bluster in the world isn't going to make you right when you are wrong. The instructions from the manufacturer are clear and they ALL say BATTERY FIRST, (as had been pointed out by alpha alarms.)

There is a sticky with loads of manuals at the top of this forum - I suggest you read a few.

Tell you what, you tell us the technical reason why you think you should power up mains first and I'll prove you wrong. Oh I forgot - you have no technical knowledge do you.

I'm sorry mate, but all the bluster in the world isn't going to make you right when you are wrong. The instructions from the manufacturer are clear and they ALL say BATTERY FIRST, (as had been pointed out by alpha alarms.)

There is a sticky with loads of manuals at the top of this forum - I suggest you read a few.

Tell you what, you tell us the technical reason why you think you should power up mains first and I'll prove you wrong. Oh I forgot - you have no technical knowledge do you.

joe your very very boring,

I'm also very,very,very,very right (and you know it).

please guys, can you give me the actual procedure for changing a battery on my system.

many thanks

Alphaalarms has told you . He was the first to reply. Follow his instructions with a new battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back