No Power Light on WB Greenstar Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've recently had a WB Greenstar Junior 28i fitted, which seems to be working fine. I noticed today however that the blue power light is not lit on the front. When the boiler is powered on from the mains, the light comes on but then goes off, when I do a reset all the lights come on and then go off.
Going by the manual, the blue light should be on at all times when the boiler is receiving power, it also performs a secondary function of diagnostic light by blinking codes. Is there something I'm missing here as I'm sure it should be on.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Don't panic! It is an option on these boilers to be able to turn off the blue power light, it seems like your installer has set this option... I can't remember how to turn it back on, I'm sure that one of the others will know and tell you... All other functions of the blue light will operate as normal

Thanks for the reply. I have checked through the users manual and also the installer manual as well. There is no mention of any options for this (possibly a secret installer trick). I remember the blue light was on when it was installed, but couldn't say for sure it was on after the installer left. I would like it turned back on as it a handy check that all is well, plus now it's starting annoy me in that irrational way that stupid things do.
Anyone?

Regards,

Sponsored Links
I too have the same problem on my Greenstar 28i junior. Blue light was on, now after a service it's off and the boiler still operates as normal. Can this light be turned on or off? The light will come on briefly as the boiler is powered off/on at the fused spur and flashes during service mode so I know the light is working. Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back