no pressure cold bath tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,when i moved into my house a couple of years i changed the bath taps so i had to drain down the tank in the loft.When i turned the water back on and the tank refilled there was no pressure coming through just the cold tap.Not long after that i had a pump fitted in the ensuite to have a power shower and the plumber connected his hep to the feed to the bathroom cold tap and after he turned the water back on and the tank refilled the pressure in the bathroom cold water tap returned to normal.Yesterday i had to drain down the tank for another reason and when it refilled there is no pressure again in the bathroom cold tap.Am i doing something wrong when i'm refilling the tank?Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
The shower pump should have its own designated cold feed directly from the cold water storage tank, same with the hot coming from the cylinder. Some manufacturers do say that... If a cold/hot feed cannot be fed directly from the tank/cylinder to the pump, you can tee off of another feed as long as you put a non-return valve on the inlets before the pump. But alot of manufacturers instructions say not to use non-return valves. If the plumber left any instructions or paperwork with you for the pump, I'd advise you to take a look at the way they tell you to install it.

Anyway...the cold is airlocked.

What type of taps have you got on your bath?

If you have a mixer tap...

- Hold your hand over the spout tightly
- Turn on the cold fully, then turn on the hot to blast up the cold.
- Hold for about 30 seconds, then turn off the hot.
- Keeping the cold tap on - let go of the spout, the hot water that you blasted up the cold should then pull the air and cold water through.

Hope fully your plumber cured this airlock that way, BUT... he might of used the power of the pump to pull the water through, because he has taken the cold feed to the pump - from the cold feed to your bath tap. I wouldn't advise on using the pump to clear the airlock as it can ware the pump out if it is running dry.

Sponsored Links
Then link the two with a short length of hose and two connectors. Then follow the instructions above...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back