No Pressure on new power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a Tavistock kinetic thermostatic mixer shower. This was replacing an old shower, running from a 2 Bar shower pump. Once installed, the pressure was very very minimal. The plumber said, its due to lack of power on the pump, as the new shower had considerably big heads. Well, I bought a Grundfos 4 bar pump, same plumber installed it. No change. Now he is saying that the shower may be faulty !!!!! Any suggestions ??? Please help......

Sponsored Links
Well you have in a rather expensive way concluded that there was nothing wrong with the pump you had so it must be down to the shower kit or a problem with the way it was installed. Presumably your old shower had good pressure on the original pump?

The sales blurb on your new shower says minimum 0.5 bar pressure required so you are well covered there. Could be a faulty unit I guess?

EDIT: just read the installation instructions and there are check valves and filters fitted in the supply. Perhaps not correctly assembled or blocked?

http://upload2.evocdn.co.uk/tavisto..._kinetic-and-logic-bar-valve-instructions.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back