Shower pressure is very low and is luke warm!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just has a loft conversion done. The new shower room was fitted with a thermostatic shower. The plumber fitted a negative head 2.2 bar Salamander pump downstairs next to the hot water tank.

I am experiencing a few problems :

1. The shower pressure is not very high
2. The shower is not hot, the Grohe shower says that it is limited to 41 degrees but the water seems cooler than that
3. Sometimes when turing on the basin hot tap it runs for a little while then becomes a trickle. All the time I can hear the pump running downstairs

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The plumber is saying that it is not his problem and that he has installed the pump and shower correctly. Is the pump faulty or is there another issue?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The heating system is powered by a condensing boiler. There is a large cold water tank which had been fitted into the eaves in one of the new loft rooms and there is also a smaller water tank which has been fitted just below the ceiling in the same room.

Downstairs in the airing cupboard there is a hot water cylinder and the new shower pump. The new pipes have been routed up through the ceiling and into the new bathroom which is directly above the hot water cylinder. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
if the pump kicks in when you run the hot/cold upstairs and they are running fine and the shower is still only a trickle then i would check the filters in the shower.

Those Thermostatic showers can sometimes be too clever for its own good.

I've just had a look a the technical manual for the Grohe shower. You guys could be right. I'll check ther filters, maybe some debris has got lodged there.

It also says in the manual that the temperature can be adjusted and that the difference in pressure between hot and cold can be equalised through the installation of a flow limiter. I will double check that it has been fitted correctly.

And I just thought a shower mixer was just that... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back