Shower pump,what one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heres my problem,in the process of a loft conversion,en-suite directly above existing bathroom shower below is on a pump and mains supply is available
This is what I was going to do is spur into the existing shower pipes to connect to the new shower and spur off the hot to the basin,mains will supply cold feed to basin and toilet,pump was going to be changed to a salamander force 30 tu(negative and positive 3.0 bar),but my problem is now I've read this pump can't supply single taps? So what are my options for my hot water feed to my basin?
Cheers
Ross

Sponsored Links
Can't help you I'm afraid. Don't understand why the pump can't supply a single tap to the basin. My twin pump located in the ist floor airing cupboard pumps into the loft for basin hot and cold, bath hot and cold!
WC mains fed, so as to stop pump kicking in when all asleep.

Ok thanks i thought thats strange i was just about to order the pump and it shows on it specs it couldn't pump individual taps? dont really want to chance £400 on something that might not work
do you know the exact model number of your pump?
Cheers

Don't see why it wouldn't work off a single tap. Those Salamander pumps are fairly new to the market, personally I'd be looking at a Stuart Turner Monsoon Universal, and if you're running two showers simultaneously then look at the 4.0 or 4.5 bar models - the quoted pressure is only theoretical at zero flow, and the actual output pressure drops steadily with demand, so it's better to go higher (for example, a 3 bar will only be giving about 2 bar at 20 litres a minute flow rate)

Sponsored Links
Note in the drawing the hot supply coming from the hot water cylinder is not from the top, ie i/3 down. Does your existing pump arrangement have the same, if not review again.

Just a quick note to add, the force range of pumps are suitable for separate hot and cold appliances so long as you go for the TU range as they have bypass tubes on them. The PT range are shower specific.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back