No primer or undercoat required?

'Dulux Trade Wood-Primer Solvent Based' is alot better than 'Dulux Primer/Undercoat' to be honest. 'Dulux Primer/Undercoat' is suitable for when jobs are needing to be done very quickly. As you aint in hurry (i assume) then i would highly recomend you use 'Dulux Trade Wood-Primer Solvent Based' as it is better.

Sponsored Links
Here Claire:
Do 2 coats of the Dulux Trade Primer/uc...Then 1 of your satinwood. if it doesn't look perfect, you can always give it another coat of satinwood.

Don't worry, the paint you've got is perfect for your job in hand.
I'm sure it will look lovely.

Beware of hypochondriacs.

Primer should always be applied before any undercoat. Also any knots in the wood should be treated with a knotting solution before priming. If i strip back to the bare wood i always use a primer coat as you will find the end result looks professional and is professional.

I think clare has probably sorted this by now...

Sponsored Links
I think clare has probably sorted this by now...

LOL!!!
Thanks for that i did not read when the post was written duhhhh!!
Yes considering it was 2006 it probably needs another lick of paint by now.

Oi Oi...how you doing!!???...back for my monthly look lol

Zampa's never far away.
Always stalkin' out there :evil: with his Alkali resisting primer in one hand and half a bucket of paste and PVA in t'other.

;)

Growler!!..I didnt think you would be far away!! lol

Still picking up tips on how to paint I see....better than take a break isnt it!!

:evil:

Hopw are you and Susanah doing these days?.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back