No real alternatives to fossil fuels ..

You could start by scrapping that gas guzzling rusting American tat on your drive. Make a difference. You may even attract a girlfriend/boyfriend if you clean your finger nails. (y)

they are not on my drive way

and you could make a difference by not flying abroad on some pointless sking caper

and if you must go abroad you need to sort yer self out including yer finger nails :ROFLMAO:

yer an embarrassment to the UK :ROFLMAO:

I will give the boyfriend a mis :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
The national Grid isn't too worried.

https://www.nationalgrid.com/stories/journey-to-net-zero/5-myths-about-electric-vehicles-busted

But you might be thinking of other infrastructure?

Do you seriously believe that? I employ a little common sense and simply look along the road I live on and imagine all of those petrol and diesel cars all plugging in and charging overnight and how much current they might take. Remember - many of the supplies to the home have to be upgraded to cope with the demand of charging just one car. How many homes presently have just one car?

Than there is all the on street parking

will there be thousands of extension leads running across pavements ? :)

Sponsored Links
For EVs, what infrastructure do you think is needed that can't be built?
My home & every other house on our street are at the end of linked electrical supplies, which I am led to believe rules out the installation of fast chargers. They are (mostly ) also under rated to be able to handle the extra load of those & heat pumps. There is no way my imprinted concrete drive & landscaped garden is going to be dug up to install a new supply cable. I'm sure most of my neighbours would feel the same way. That is just one street in a small town. The whole country being done is just pie in the sky in my humble opinion.

Every one will have to go to some charging park ? And que up ?
:idea:

or perhaps to the fast charging station built on the site of the existing petrol station.

What do you think Shell and BP are doing to protect their future revenue stream?

Nothing?

fast charging station built on the site of the existing petrol station.
But could that cope with the throughput? I think the re-purposed petrol stations could cope with only a fraction of the total demand (but every little helps!).
If an EV could charge fully in one hour, that's still about 10 times as long as it takes to fill a petrol tank. And until batteries get better and cheaper, the range for the average EV charge is only around half the range for a tank full of petrol; so twice as many visits to the stations needed for EV.

Than there is all the on street parking

will there be thousands of extension leads running across pavements ? :)
It's the usual story, aspirations when we don't have the infrastructure to cope. Unless EV owners are essentially instructed to charge their vehicles elsewhere, home charging for many won't be possible, unless the street has dozens of charging points.

or perhaps to the fast charging station built on the site of the existing petrol station.

What do you think Shell and BP are doing to protect their future revenue stream?

Nothing?

Off setting there carbon foot print by planting trees

and encouraging petrol car owner ship in third world countries :idea:

Than there are the people living out in the sticks

there communial charging points will have to be subsidised

those responsible for charging points need to make a

Profit :eek: yep that word profit :eek:

It's the usual story, aspirations when we don't have the infrastructure to cope. Unless EV owners are essentially instructed to charge their vehicles elsewhere, home charging for many won't be possible, unless the street has dozens of charging points.

It doesn't even work, where the are all assumed to be charging at the factory or office. Just imagine the size of the main feeder needed to charge the hundreds of cars parked in a typical out of town office or factory.

Sponsored Links
Back