No running hot water, Potterton 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day all.

I was hoping some nice people here may be able to provide some recommendations.

I have a potterton 28i boiler, and over the last few months, it seems to have developed a slight problem :\

Recently I've noticed while doing the washing up that unless I had the tap open fully, I would find the water coming out of the hot tap would gradually cool to the point of being cold. If I turn the water flow up, usually to full, then the hot water will commence.

During the week, we've ended up in a situation where there appeared to be very little hot water available for showers, the water was not "cold", but it was only a degree or two above the level of the cold water (turn the "hot" off, and it would get cold, but with the hot on, it wasn't even warm).

I think the problem I have is probably very similar to Rossyl (//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=732887&sid=a9450c95a461b61d85f314cefa506c9c), and am resigned to having to get an engineer in, however I was hoping to get some idea of cost for the work or parts, so that I was not entirely ripped off :)

Could any one provide any input?

Sponsored Links
If you open the hot tap half when boiler is fully cold, does it do anything at all? Click, pump on, fan on?
If so it is probably thermistor.

Sponsored Links
Am I missing something on this post? I would check the diaphragm first.

Classic sign of being slightly perished or holed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back