Potterton Performa 28i!! Please HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me!! we have a Potterton Performa 28i. We have boiler pressure problems but my husband is going to replace the prv.

But when the boiler is at normal pressure we have problems with the water, when running the bath (or any hot tap) we either get luke warm water when the tap is turned on to a trickle or just plain freezin water (but cold on full flowing tap). It never used to be like this but it has slowly got worse.

Sponsored Links
replacing the prv doesnt cure the pressure problem, the expansion vessel has worn out, This is the pressure problem .I would fit an external vessel and new prv
Run the hot tap and see if the pipe to the heating starts warming up or even getting hot underneath the boiler , you may find diverter valve is passing, Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Mmmmm , there will be many suggestions to your fault,that will result in many parts and expence marry that to inexperience and it will become a headache.
A simple equation is : How old is your boiler ? if it is fairly new it must be worth spending money on,if it is quite old why not consider a shiny new boiler.
If you are going down the repair route i would suggest you call a company that will offer you a cover plan and repair your boiler,say someone like Heateam,they will send an engineer with a van full of parts for your boiler and he will probably replace everything and if it fails again he will come back and fit more parts until your boiler is like new again......Simples

Thing is ,,,, new boilers break down as well,, but still good advice

vessels on the instant have a really bad habit of spliiting, putting water into air side, so its boiler off wall or external vessel time

vessels on the instant have a really bad habit of spliiting, putting water into air side, so its boiler off wall or external vessel time

Not much experience with the instant but would still have an RGI round to check it before fitting new external one.
Still very much agree with your diagnosis though and that the PRV is shagged because of the vessel.

Thanks everyone!!

Hubby is replacing the prv due to boiler losing pressure because the boiler is sponaniously firing water out of the overflow pipe!!

Does that info help!!!

The instant can fail the EXV within two years!

Its a fairly new boiler but quite repairable.

I suggest that you keep the husband but get a proper boiler engineer.

Tony

The instant can fail the EXV within two years!

Its a fairly new boiler but quite repairable.

I suggest that you keep the husband but get a proper boiler engineer.

Tony

I would go with Agile on this
Keep the hubby and change the EXP Vessel as the PRV change aint gonna change nowt its only there to let you know theres a problem inside!!

I only said keep the husband.

I did not say anything about changing parts.

I suggested a boiler engineer would be a good idea.

Anyone would think that NGAFF was not looking for some work.

Tony

I only said keep the husband.

I did not say anything about changing parts.

I suggested a boiler engineer would be a good idea.

Anyone would think that NGAFF was not looking for some work.

Tony

Still employed mate and never looking for work in Herts!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back