No sound on BT200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have three phones on extensions, in series, from the BT master.

If I answer an incoming call on the 2nd point, a BT Duet 60, then pick up on the first point, a BT Big Button 200, there's no sound on the 200, only speak.

All cabling was done by me. The 2nd and 3rd point phones are 2 wire, BT 200 in the 1st point is 3 wire so the bell wire is wired up to that point.

Any suggestions for no sound at 1st point if second pickup ?

No sound problem if the BT 200 is picked up first!

I have Talktalk fiber internet.

Sponsored Links
I suspect it's a problem with the BT 200 being overly sensitive to the lower voltage on the line when another phone has already been picked up.

So its basically test with another phone at the 1st point ?

Still have the problem of no sound on the BT200 on 2nd pickup so it seems the BT200 is poorly designed.

Along with the phones not ringing occasionally on incoming call, I have a rather troublesome telephones setup.

I presume Talktalk proving my internet and telephone service is irrelevant since the telecom network is BT's property.

Sponsored Links
All the internal cables and extension plates were installed by me.

The extensions are wired in series.

I understand the REN rating concept but since extension plates are merely mechanical connections, why do they have REN ratings?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back