No Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, we recently had the property rewired and the electrician decided not to run a new set of wiring to the old wired thermostat. He did leave behind wiring for a wireless thermostat but I wonder what a cheap and cheerful wireless thermostat would be. the boiler is a 8 year old logic boiler and I have no idea what is good and what isn't.

Hoping the community are able to help :)

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone, we recently had the property rewired and the electrician decided not to run a new set of wiring to the old wired thermostat. He did leave behind wiring for a wireless thermostat but I wonder what a cheap and cheerful wireless thermostat would be. the boiler is a 8 year old logic boiler and I have no idea what is good and what isn't.

Hoping the community are able to help :)
Do you mean he left the old wiring to the thermostat in place? If so, and it's serviceable, just continue to use that.

he cut the old wiring off for the thermostat and when we realised, the house had already been plastered and painted. we weren't living at the property during renovations.

Sponsored Links
Current rf stats have become much more reliable
The eph combi pack 4 is a good cost effective option.
Comes with a stand or if you still want it tethered to wall a bracket for that as well.
I certainly would not be chopping out walls for new cable for the sake of a £60 thermostat.

I certainly would not be chopping out walls for new cable for the sake of a £60 thermostat.
Not from where we are now, but the sparky should have agreed with the client beforehand that he wasn't going to renew that cable.

Current rf stats have become much more reliable
The eph combi pack 4 is a good cost effective option.
Comes with a stand or if you still want it tethered to wall a bracket for that as well.
His logic might not be a combi

I have considered if a wall thermostat is required, I have one, which sets the time rather than temperature, and it is set to a high temperature.

Each room is controlled by a TRV.

Step one is decide what you need. The wall thermostat is there with a modulating boiler to stop it cycling, as such it seems rather surplus to requirements, a signal from each TRV head to say central heated hot water wanted or not, and a hub to collect the signals.

OK maybe bit over the top, but the fact remains the thermostat hub does not need to be in any special place any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back