no threads on pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!!!! There are no threads on the pipe where we took the shower head off. And it seems the pipe will not come out to be replaced as we have turned it quite hard but to no avail. What do we do?????????????? :(

Sponsored Links
Post a detailed description of the pipe and it's location so we know what you're talking about. A picture might help.

Go to your nearest Wal-Mart... :oops: ..or wire us across the pond ;) :LOL:.....Home Depot :oops:

Sponsored Links
micmanchester said:
Help!!!!! There are no threads on the pipe where we took the shower head off. And it seems the pipe will not come out to be replaced as we have turned it quite hard but to no avail. What do we do?????????????? :(

Quick visit to Home Depot plumbing department might help.

Just guessing but you may have removed a fixed shower head which is held to the wall with three screws and then you may have undone a nut, on removal of the system the nut and olive were left on the pipe. Temporarily get a 15mm compression cap, retain nut and olive for future use tightn up the nut and olive on your pipe to the blanking bit.

Other than that look under plumbers in phone book and the first one who answers the phone, shout HELP to!.

Always aids your cause if you say you have a young baby. Seems to be the common ply round here if straight forward help doesn't work.

Next time don't do what you don't understand.

I'm a women, but I have changed shower heads before - not a hard job and I don't need a man to do it for me or to pay a plumber for something I CAN do.

I have been to Wal Mart and Home Depot - really do you think that I would go to the internet for my first line of help?????

No plumber or store clerk has ever heard of a shower arm not having threads - so I am not out of my realm of being lost.

Thanks for your most manly advice and I have since solved my problem - imagine that!!!!!

Michelle :!: :rolleyes:

Touche :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You`re a women .......I`m 2 separate gorillas

micmanchester said:
I'm a women, but I have changed shower heads before - not a hard job and I don't need a man to do it for me or to pay a plumber for something I CAN do.

I have been to Wal Mart and Home Depot - really do you think that I would go to the internet for my first line of help?????

No plumber or store clerk has ever heard of a shower arm not having threads - so I am not out of my realm of being lost.

Thanks for your most manly advice and I have since solved my problem - imagine that!!!!!

Michelle :!: :rolleyes:

Not just a woman. A superwoman. Well done love. Now pop the kettle on. :oops:

:LOL: :LOL: "imagine" that you`ve fixed it , it`s easy if you try, No need to bother us then , **** off and DIY...with profound apologies .............................To John Lennon:cool: and the Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band ;)To reassure any future posters with a similar problem .I will refrain from the Trad. Brit. pastime of takin` the ****- on this thread only

i just ran into the same problem. what was the solution that you found?

What's the actual problem? The original poster just said she'd taken the shower head off and there was a problem but didn't say what it was.

Let's avoid the non-plumbing "issues"! :LOL:

micmanchester said:

However you are asking for help with sometinng you CAN'T do, or you would have done it.

If you don't say what you have already done, why would you expect anyone to know what things haven't worked so far?

It seems none of us have either, but you haven't given any details about the shower head, you have it there, why not post a picture or say who the maker and what model it is?

It was just advice, there was no need to get stroppy given the lack of information in your original post. You sought advice, you recieved a few ideas or further questions, but it seems beneath your dignity to reply, now you have found the answer, you seem unwilling to help others (up to when I wrote this). It's just as well people who answer questions on here (all unpaid) do not have the same approach.

:p :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back