No TRV on the hall radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I always read that when you fit trv on all radiators you should not fit one on the radiator where the room thermostat is located.

My room thermostat is located in the hall and next to it about one meter away there is a small radiator. I think that radiator heats up the hall very quick and than the room thermostat cut the heat to quick. As a result, the bigger rooms with windows are not worm info.

Should I close the valve on that radiator and let the heat from other rooms to heat the hall as well or should I turn up the temperature on the thermostat?

What is the best way to rectify the problem?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes, you sound like you know what to do, there are many other options

I was thinking to turn the valve on the hall radiator half way down. so it will release less heat. i just don't know what affect it will have on the boiler in terms of bypass.

Sponsored Links
That should solve the problem, just turn it down a little, as long as there is still an open passage for the water then the boiler can bypass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back