No water from electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Mira Advance Thermostatic 8.7kW electric shower. Recently it has started having "events" where the water would start coming out hot, at low pressure, and then cold at very high pressure, and would not turn off.

So, today I have cleaned the shower hose and head. I've also had the water filter out and cleaned it (it was clean, though). Now, I cannot really get any water out of it. If the shower is set to cold it will whirr, but produce no water. The low pressure light comes on, and it shuts itself down. I managed to get some water out of it, when the heat was set to a middle setting, but I've had nothing since.

Any thoughts on what could be the source of my problem? I can have a go at most things, but I'm not a DIY whizz.

Many thanks for your help,

Neill

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info. It sounds like I need a new shower...

When I turn on the shower, you can hear water moving, and nothing seems to happen for 1-2 seconds. Then the two relays indicated in the attached picture click many times, before the shower shuts down. Is that consistent with your experience?

Thanks

Neill

... or to put it another way - is there any way I can be sure that the relay is the cause of the trouble?

Thanks again,

eill

Sponsored Links
This shower has got to be the worst one to diagnose faults on
But going by experience this can relate to a relay board or flow valve.
But the shower not turning off only by isolating the mains elecy points more to a relay board. ;)

Just to complete the thread - I installed a new shower!

The problem was connected with the water inlet. The plastic that held the pipes in place had become broken, so the water inlet had a small leak. The water from this leak then dripped onto the component which regulates the flow of water into the shower as a whole. When wet, the regulator stopped the flow to the shower, and the problems I saw. Bit of a bad design, if you ask me. I tried fixing the inlet, but ended up breaking more things. So, I had to get a new shower.

Thanks for the help,

Neill

Glad you found the problem and let us know ;)

So the inlet sensor on the flow valve had become wet/damaged.
This can also take the relay board with it in some cases. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back