Electric Shower - weird one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Mira Sport electric shower that feeds directly off the mains cold water. When the shower is switched on, a small dribble of water comes out, or none at all. If I flush the toilet however, and then turn the shower on, it comes on about 60% of fulll pressure, and then when the toilet cistern finished filling, it comes on 100% of normal pressure - although sometimes after 5 minutes it stops again. The 'low pressure' light never comes on during any of this.

:eek:

Sponsored Links
RazzleD said:
Obviously not something simple then...
How many responses did you expect between 1.30 am and 7.00 am on a Sunday morning? Even the night shift get a night off!

Could it be that your static pressure is very high? Combined with a failing diaphragm in the shower it might conceivably produce an effect like that.

Sponsored Links
12midday GMT Saturday to 6:30am GMT Sunday - but I get your point.

Thanks - since the static pressure hasn't changed since the shower was working, then the diaphragm it must be...

Thanks again

Sorry, I misread your posting time. Still Saturday afternoons and nights are understandably quiet too.

Don't take the diaphragm suggestion as gospel. I'm not even sure if there is one - possibly something like that in the solenoid valve. Try Mira technical - they might be familiar with the symptoms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back