Electrical shower with intermittent low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira electrical shower which we inherited with the house 5 years ago. It worked fine until a year ago then the low water pressure light would randomly come on and no water come out. It resolved itself bizarrely but a few weeks ago it started doing it again. Sometimes it will work for a minute or two, then stop working. Other times the low pressure light comes on immediately and it dribbles a few drops of water and nothing else. Please can anyone suggest what might be wrong with it please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a solenoid coil related problem
Could be just the coil at fault or pcb, would need some tests run on the shower with a multi meter.

What mira is it ? will make fault finding abit easier.

i have the mira sport sometimes i have same problem which can be fixed by removeing the cover power off first turn off water remove in line strainer & clean job done

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your post. That seems so straight forward! However I can't tell where the in line strainer is...[/img]

Thank you for your post. That seems so straight forward! However I can't tell where the in line strainer is...[/img]
Turn off power
Turn off water
Remove cover
Look for hexagon plug head (white or black plastic cant remember)
unscrew anticlockwise
pull out & clean strainer
& don't over tighten when reassembling

I can see one thing that is hexagonal but it looks like copper not plastic. It's about a 50p in size. Would that be it?

you may have an older or newer shower no harm in trying to slacken it anyway havent had the cover off on mine for a while but think it was a 24 - 27 mm spanner i used

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back