No water from new shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi some help would be really appreciated. I have just replaced a shower and pump the previous set up was a mixer using a single impleller pump I have replaced it with a thermostatic mixer and twin impeller pump (2 bar Salamander). The pump is directly above the shower.

When the pipe work was first put in place we flushed through (with pump switched off and got water from both the hot and cold feeds) we then connected the shower and again after a spluttery start got flow from the head (a large rose) and the hand attachement) (lots of flow when pump on!). We then switched off and moved on to another problem with the bath plumbing having to drain the system again.

Now the bath is solved and we refill the system and we come to use the shower we are getting no water from it at all. Help what to do.

Bit of site background it is a three floor house, the shower and hot water tank are on the middle floor and the cold water tank is on the floor above (top floor). all pipe work to the pump and to the shower mixer is 22mm. The house is quite a large vistorian property so very long and quite thin so the hot water tank is about 35 ft from the shower :?:

Sponsored Links
HI

did you fit automatic air vents on both hot and cold pipes ? :D

are the flow switches tripping on the pump, you may have an air lock thats stopping the movement of water this would stop flow switch activating pump If you can gain access to the point that flow switch is connected in pump bye pass it with the power of open shower fully and then switch on pump you may have to turn the pump on and of several times to get any movement.
if that does not work isolate pump bye closing the valves I hope you fitted before the pump, the disconnect the supply to the shower and blow the water out of the pipework manually or connect it to the mains and clear the air lock that way.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help people much appreciated. Have just worked it all through. Started at the inlet to the pump watrer was present worked all way down to the value turned ouyt issue was that the valve on the inlet elbows were jammed took them off freed them with my fingers and it seems to work agaion now lets just hope that it does not become a regular issue when its not been used for a while.

Thanks again for the help.

Richard D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back