no water in washer drum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wasing macine will not put water into drum, water comes in through drawer fine (leaking a bit at drawer), no water goes into drum and when I check the waste pipe the water is coming straight out again. No major flood on floor so don,t think it,s a split hose, just seems water by-passes the drum. Any ideas please. p.s. it works sometmes

Sponsored Links
refit waste pipe it too low down its syphoning back out of mc should be a metre high

Thanks for the reply. Would this suddenly start happening after almost 2 years in the same position and would it explain water from drawer? Thanks

the drain hose must have been moved for this to happen make ,model number might help any lights flashing on the front of the mc

Sponsored Links
The machine is a whirlpool AWO3551 an it comes up with an error code FH which is water tap turned off, but it is on cos water comes into machine by by-passes drum. I would be really gratefull for your reply. My hubby says the wast pipe was removed around this time but pt back, could it just be that its not back right

does the waste pipe go into a sink spout or stand pipe,if its a standpipe should be ok if a sink spout make sure it goes higher up ,also remove hose from the back and see how fast the water is entering the mc

It goes into a stand pipe (I think), I do know it's nowhere near the sink. What hose do I have to remove to see how fast the water is going into the mc. Thanks

the blue /red inlet hose at the back of mc ,and check the waste pipe while your there to see if its on a standpipe

checked red/blue hoses last night, water coming in what seems to me really fast (about got drowned) is standpipe a tall plastic pipe (just shorter than the height of the washer) that the waste pipe from mc goes into cos that's what i've got (sorry for being so dumb, but I really have no idea)

that the waste pipe from mc goes into cos that's what i've got (sorry for being so dumb, but I really have no idea)

yes, that's the one, pull it from the waste pipe, look down it, and let us know if anything comes out :LOL:

Removed the wast pipe, cleaned out the stand pipe, no blockages but was very careful how I replaced the waste pipe, anyway it's been working since but am still a bit cautious cos it's done this before worked for about 2 weeks then failed again so I just have to wait and see.
Re: leaking from the drawer, I cleaned out the filter again, didn't think it could be this cos had done it week before but it was full of my daughters very long hair and so far this has cured that as well.

Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know if I have any more problems.

Water can leak from the dispenser drawer if the water nozzles on the underside in the compartment get blocked (happens quite often)

remove the dispenser drawer and clean it and the compartment it fits into

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back