Nocking bricks out of a corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can I ask someone if there are any precautions on removing bricks from a corner of a buttress on a house, supporting a gable end ?

Also, there are about 3 bricks next to/near each other that need replacing and not sure if I should do them 1 at a time.

Sponsored Links
should be fine.either disc cutter the joints out or stitch drill the joints to save damaging the surrounding brick faces.

Chukka63 may be used to using a disc cutter but they bl**dy lethal in the wrong or inexperienced hands. Go for stitch drilling.

Do one at a time if next to each other.

An experienced builder might get away with more after appraising the brickwork generally, but play it safe. Also less to worry about in case there are openings nearby too.

if i was arty i would do disc cutter sculptures like they do with chain saws.

Sponsored Links
if i was arty i would do disc cutter sculptures like they do with chain saws.

I think you should start practicing straight away! - I did look on YouTube thinking some-one has beaten you to it but hey - None that I could find!

My Apology to Coaster for going off topic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back