Noise from GRP flat roof

Sponsored Links
GRP is NOT a quick easy substitute for felt/lead/whatever. It can be successful but that relies on preparation, application and climate.

My roof is a cold roof still very noisey. There seems to be alot of people with gpr roofs that are very noisey why are they not been regulated by someone if there are problems with them why are they been still sold without customers been informed of how disruptive they can be to our lives and homes . They are not a cheap option either you think you are getting a better roof but unfortunately not

Sponsored Links
Ours is the same (approx 6x6m GRP warm roof built 2022). The expansion noise is horrendous.

I’d like to know what went wrong in the construction. Surely not all GRP roofs do this?

I am never getting a GRP roof again (or even any flat roof to be honest). Nightmare.
Our roof is a cold roof nightmare there should be someone regulating these kind of roofs . If you want to sell your home no chance now . Not cheap either think you have a better roof but not Have you resolved yours ?.

Our roof is a cold roof nightmare there should be someone regulating these kind of roofs . If you want to sell your home no chance now . Not cheap either think you have a better roof but not Have you resolved yours ?.
No nothing resolved. It is a case of living with it for now.

The crappy builders left me with several other substandard issues that take priority.

Interesting to hear you have same problem in a cold roof. If you get yours fixed please update this thread.

Interesting video on fixing the GRP noise problem. Also read the comments : noise blamed on not enough fixings/not hitting the joists, lack of expansion joints, absence of vapour membrane under the insulation.

Interesting video on fixing the GRP noise problem. Also read the comments : noise blamed on not enough fixings/not hitting the joists, lack of expansion joints, absence of vapour membrane under the insulation.
Lol yep already watched it . Thanks anyway good luck with yours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back