noise insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
just joined this forum. I live in a 1st floor flat and my bedroom is parallel with my neighbours bedroom, they have laminate flooring throughout, the prob is that when i go for my beauty sleep i can hear them walking in their bedroom and when they get into bed + when they are having it off!! excuse me for this but this is true. Is there anything i can do to make my bedroom soundproof. The walls are of brick. thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
hello
just joined this forum. I live in a 1st floor flat and my bedroom is parallel with my neighbours bedroom, they have laminate flooring throughout, the prob is that when i go for my beauty sleep i can hear them walking in their bedroom and when they get into bed + when they are having it off!! excuse me for this but this is true. Is there anything i can do to make my bedroom soundproof. The walls are of brick. thanks in anticipation.

This cant be lazaros in nazerath can it, try buying them slippers for christmas if that dont work buy them some kippers and post them through there letter box, slippers and kippers should do the trick.

headinabox.jpg

How about trying this?

Sponsored Links
Count yourself lucky. Ever been in the same room as someone who has just taken up the violin? I am at the moment!

i heard egg boxes work
lol

Don't they cause an echo effect?

It's not the egg boxes that work, but the eggs that are contained within. Everytime you see them in the street you start pelting them with eggs whilst shouting
"oi, keep your bloody shagging down you noisy ****s, and get some carpet like normal people"

So no, egg boxes alone do not work.

How about recording their 'noises' and then sending them a tape of it with a nice letter of blackmail enclosed?

get some carpet like normal people"

Apart from the hall and staircase, we have laminate throughout the house. I have often wondered why it is that when I am in the hall or on the stairs, I really feel quite 'normal', but when walking on the laminate I get these funny turns. Must get a carpet in this computer room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back