Noise near boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All......my Daughter has an Ideal boiler in a new build. Just over a year old. It has started making a rattling or banging noise. We had an engineer out last week and he couldn't get it to do it and said the boiler was in perfect condition but it's doing it all the time now. Any suggestions as to what it is and what we need to do? It doesn't sound like it's in the boiler itself, more in the pipework above? I have video but this site says I can't upload mp4s?. Happy to email it to anyone

Sponsored Links
We have a similar noise coming from our 26 year old Potterton profile. After it’s been running for a few minutes, we get a regular click/clank/tick sound at approximately 1 beat per second. Sounds a bit like the ticking expansion noise a radiator makes when it is warming up. Works fine though. Could it be the fan/bearings? If so is that a diy job or must it be done by a gas safe engineer? Is it worth doing at all or shall I leave it till it packs up, call it a day and replace the whole boiler?

Sponsored Links
Could be pipework clips have snapped or come loose, will allow lots of vibration , new builds not known for their quality these days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back