noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a pressure type noise coming from the pipe that runs from my toilet into the ground...there's nothing visible but the noise sounds like water running/tap pressure,could there be some kind of leak? thanks Lloyd

Sponsored Links
where does the pipe go, into a screed floor or under floorboards ?
try shutting the mains stopcock see if it stops.

yes it does go into a screeded floor,i'll give the stopcock a twist tomorrow...thanks mate i'll let you know if it stops

see if it stops.
is the screed floor damp or wet anywhere near the pipe etc.

Sponsored Links
get someone to help you when you turn the water off, set up an upturned bucket or something in the sink put a glass on the bucket (you need to set the height so that the glass is submerged in the running water from the tap), run the tap then turn off outside and leave the end of the tap submerged, IF you have a leak the water will be syphoned out of the glass back into the pipe as the leak is lower, might need to leave it for a wee while if the leak is slow.

well,thanks for replies...i turned off the main stopcock and the noise has stopped.Around the pipe where the noise comes from is bone dry so could it be underground someplace?The water board have put a letter through the door saying that my meter is running a little high and so i thought it must be the noise thats causing the problem in that area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back