Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I am getting towards my retirement years I am really beginning to detest noise.... mostly the adverts on tv when some company is trying to sell a product and it is smothered by some rapper or somebody shouting something... it really grinds my gears and I have the remote mute button on stand by..... does not bother her indoors.......is this just me or part of getting older package??

Sponsored Links
No, I get the same thing.

I like the mornings walking the dog and hearing the silence, with just birds singing.

I see people walking dogs with headphones on- I always thing they are missing out.

Not so much being old but being old enough to remember when TV adverts were almost works of art that calmly and politely suggested one should buy the product.

Today the adverts scream at you telling you to buy the product.

Noise

many years ago during the summer months my good self and a few other like minded motor cycle enthusiasts used to bark up our bikes on a Sunday morning and go for a burn up

it used to include a tunnel run and a high street run

music to yer ears as various Norton’s and triumphs plus a
Weslake with minimal silencing shattered the silence

you could see the shop windows rattling in the high street

Strangely some people were not amused :confused:

Sponsored Links
It's a getting old thing... Think as you age you have a greater appreciation for things.

I haven't watched adverts for years no, neither fast forward them or watch online content (not YouTube or tik tok rubbish, now they really grate my gears, the worst bit is knowing the chumps on these things, think they call them influencers or something, earn absolute fortunes, and they are complete pillocks)

Noise

many years ago during the summer months my good self and a few other like minded motor cycle enthusiasts used to bark up our bikes on a Sunday morning and go for a burn up

it used to include a tunnel run and a high street run

music to yer ears as various Norton’s and triumphs plus a
Weslake with minimal silencing shattered the silence

you could see the shop windows rattling in the high street

Strangely some people were not amused :confused:

Now your hearing is going, it shouldn't bother you so much.

I said, now your hearing is going...

NOW YOUR HEARING IS GOING,

It's a getting old thing... Think as you age you have a greater appreciation for things.

I haven't watched adverts for years no, neither fast forward them or watch online content (not YouTube or tik tok rubbish, now they really grate my gears, the worst bit is knowing the chumps on these things, think they call them influencers or something, earn absolute fortunes, and they are complete pillocks)

Yes....... influencers grind my gears.......... but they are earning a fortune

Sponsored Links
Back