Noisey back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a baxi bermuda inset boiler 50/3 everything works fine and it is very reliable but on first fire up when on hot water only, it bangs quite loudly and sounds as if it is sending air up to the hot water tank.This ony happens on the first fire and is silent after that,it never happens on water and heating.The hot water is gravity fed. ta alanj15[/b]

Sponsored Links
Common for scaled up old boilers with slow (gravity) flow.
Thermostat could have drifted though - what setting out of how many, have you got it on?

You could try some "boiler silencer" which you just tip in the feed tank.

No point tipping anything just inro the tank, you have to partially drain it with ball valve tied up so whatever is tipped in gets into the system.

Banging and throwing water up into the header tank sounds like a t`stat or gas valve failing ,needs investigating

Sponsored Links
Boiler isnt ancient about 8 yrs old I have reduced the boiler setting down to 2 from 5 to no avail, it isnt throwing water into header tank just banging the pipework as if air in it .I may try some descaler as I have nothing to loose,its just strange how it only happens the once on first fire up and never when heating and hot water selected ta alanj15

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back