Noisey feed to hot water tank in airing cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the last week or so once some hot water has been drained from the hot water tank filling again has become very noisy. A loud, water flowing through a restriction type of noise (hissing?) I guess...any ideas what would cause this all of a sudden :?: I have combi boiler and everything else seems fine.

Sponsored Links
I dont understand. Are you saying you have a hot water cistern (in loft typically) cylinder, and a combi??

If its a cistern then scale build-up in the valve can cause odd noises

Er, I think so. The blurb says: The Classic standard-efficiency heat-only boiler is suitable for installation on a system that includes a hot water cylinder and loft water tank (fully pumped or gravity DHW system). So when the cylinder is filling it is noisy. Living in Hampshire this could well be lime scale build up - just check out the kettle! Is there any preventative measure that taken to reduce buildup and/or protect the system?

Sponsored Links
firstly you DO NOT have a combi

the noise is thje water going throught the ballvale on the tank

Have the water board been working near your home recently, cos the pressure may have increased thus the noise

Again this is NOT a problem with your boiler as the hot water that comes out of your taps does not touche the water in your boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back