Noisey Isar 30100 when the pressure jumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I wondered if you could help, can the expansion vessel on an isar 30100 be re-pressurised , my local boiler company says not, the only boiler in the world apparently, my boiler makes noises, sometimes loud bangs, this is at the time the pressure randomly increases from about 2 bar to 3 bar. They said they need to put more air in the expansion vessel, but there is no way to do it and I should get a new boiler. bearing in mind the bolier is 4 years old. I have tried ringing ideal, but cant get through to anyone. Can you tell me how to do it, if they need any special tools etc.. Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
get another opinion mate

Mind you I seem to remember that it is a bit of a get to the valve

:)

Something to say for getting a new boiler, despite the name, it is not ideal. However, I have never heard of a boiler with an expansion vessel that can not be pumped up. even if yours is impossible to rectify, an external ev is fitted easily enough.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys I have had a detailed replt from Gas4you, apparently the fan has to be removed and then the valve is accessible, some companies eh, easy to say get a new boiler eh...

hi ive worked on lots of ideal and one of the models it is imposable to refill the expan vessal best op is cut in a remote bottle (they altered the the position of the vent from top to the back behind gas vaule so u can recharge)if vaule at top u cant get to it

And there was me thinking this post was finsihed, im interested to see where this goes, keep it up guys
on a vote Valliant or baxi?

sorry gas not sure of model no but it was funny because i was with ideals senior eng at time and did he feel a **** a we was having so many problems with the ideal my god they are sh** i still have about 20 pcbs in loft for the m80s

The engineer sent to me by home serve has just spoken to Ideal technical and they state in order for the expansion vessel to re pressurized the boiler has to come of the wall as it is not possible to get to it by removing the fan. It is apparently fixed the to the rear casing behind all other components, so might have a new vessel fitted inline.. Another fantastic reason not to have an Ideal boiler.

i've neva had to repressurize 1 yet, but hav been told on some models theres a hole in the back panel of the combustion box to get to the valve. but apparently ya neva can get to it :LOL: either hav a remote 1 fitted (not a big job) or have the boiler took off the wall and replace the existing 1, mind you if ya doin that id change the boiler while its off! :rolleyes:

for the time bein ya could repressurize the boiler to 1bar and turn ya stat dwn slightly so the exspansion is not not enuff 2blow off..

wa jus thinkin, does it need a new prv aswell? cuz they can be a bit tricky n all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back