Noisey Myson Apollo 50si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the fan in a myson apollo 50si. I had an engineer out to change it because it is quite noisey, and when he stripped it down he said that because it is a sealed unit, he would not be able to change it. I have searched on the internet and found places which sell fans for this model, so if it can not be changed why sell them. As i am thinking of moving next year, i was hoping not to spend out on a new boiler.
Any ideas / suggestions

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply Bobbo

The engineer showed me the fan unit, it was incased in this welded metal box, with the fan fixings on the inside. Do you know if i could buy a complete unit from somewhere ? and then i could get him to install it.
Also, as i know absolutly nothing about gas boilers, is the blower unit the same as the fan which i have been referring to ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
if you dont know anything about gas boilers I would strongly recommend you contact someone who is

I am pretty sure this is a positive spressure boiler and needs a lot of care and experiance IMHO to ensure that when you fire it up it is not going to pump CO into the house

The fan for one of the is availible and from memory is about 170 odd squid, and shouldnt take an experianced CORGI chap more than an hour to change

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back