noisey problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello folks you could be just the people that can help me, I know my problem has probably been mentioned hundreds of times but could someone explain to me in lamens terms how to rectify it......

well, when we turn the boiler on to heat the water its ok for around 10 minutes, after that it seems as if (to me anyway) the water is being redirected to the smaller of the 2 tanks in the loft, but this water is boiling hot, i can hear the pipes shaking and we've even had overflow and ruin the landing ceiling, if we put the central heating on this problem does not occur, its been happening for a good while now but its becoming a big problem now, i have been told it could be the thermostat in the boiler or a valve thats next to the boiler. if anyone can help me i will be soooooo grateful.

i will try and add some pictures to this post but im not sure if this site supports images here goes anyway...

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

right if you can see these pics i hope they help.......oh i should add that the boiler is very old it was fitted about 20 odd years ago......anyone please help if you can because on a number of occasions the noise is that loud ive thought the tank was about to drop through the ceiling...

cheers guys

I can't help with your problem, but the pictures are fine

Sponsored Links
We need to know more about the layout and controls on the system. Specifically - Is it fully pumped? What motorised valves are there? what pipework arrangement is there where the vent and feed pipes (from the small feed tank in the roof) join the main circulation pipes? Have you an air vent point on the pipes to the cylinder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back