Noisy Baxi Boiler 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, it seems I am reopening again the debate on baxi boiler noise, I have read all the posts and it appears to me that baxi have not cured the problem, I had a baxi boiler 105e fitted in January 2005 and within the first few weeks the boiler started making the noises described, baxi came out and supposedly fixed the problem................however the problem as started again and unfortunately the boiler is 5days out of warranty,baxi want £249 to come out and fix....................any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sorry about that.....symptons as quoted by Den 13/02/04......"We have a Baxi 105E Combi boiler - only around a year old. Whenever the heating comes on, after a few minutes it begins to whistle like a kettle. (like a kettle this noise increase gradually to a constant level) It seems to be emanating from (or around) the boiler somewhere, but here's the real mystery: it stops immediately as soon as you run a hot tap. Another symptom is that when you close the hot tap, there is a creaking noise then a light clunk from the boiler - this happens when and only when the heating is on. It also happens regardless of the whistling."...Problem thought to be caused by a small black "O" ring / washer on the outlet H/W connection which is thought to have been a design fault with this boiler......as I said it was also supposed to have been fixed by baxi,however my boiler is suffering the same symptons.

Sponsored Links
The fault which you describe is almost certainly from the ;o; rings within the diverter valve.The repair which has been carried out by the manufacturer is guaranteed for a period of thirty days.Recall Heat-Team to effect a proper repair.

evergreen said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, it seems I am reopening again the debate on baxi boiler noise, I have read all the posts and it appears to me that baxi have not cured the problem, I had a baxi boiler 105e fitted in January 2005 and within the first few weeks the boiler started making the noises described, baxi came out and supposedly fixed the problem................however the problem as started again and unfortunately the boiler is 5days out of warranty,baxi want £249 to come out and fix....................any ideas?

cobblers :evil:

Dont listen to them telling you its not guaranteed anymore. The boiler was guaranteed when the fault accured. If they have not fixed this then they are still liable to do so. If there is no response then warne them with a solicitors notice. You are well within the law - believe me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back