Noisy Boiler Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm hoping you can help. There is a loud buzzing noise that can be heard from the boiler flue, whenever the combi boiler kicks in and is in use, and it particularly intrusive. Can anybody please advise what would be causing this? It can be heard from quite a distance away. Is it an easy fix, or could this be something more serious?

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid I don't have the make and model number. It is my neighbours boiler that is making the noise. They unfortunately are pretty reluctant to address the issue.

Sponsored Links
well if they are reluctant to address the issue what information do you expect to get on a DIY site ????

well if they are reluctant to address the issue what information do you expect to get on a DIY site ????

Looking to see if it is a possible danger, or if the boiler could potentially fail. As my neighbour is elderly and doesn't have money to spare for any repairs, I would happily pay for any work to be done if they were in any potential danger or if the boiler were likely to stop working especially now that we are coming into colder months. I was just hoping to get some idea of what it could be. I hope that answers your question.

Looking to see if it is a possible danger, or if the boiler could potentially fail. As my neighbour is elderly and doesn't have money to spare for any repairs, I would happily pay for any work to be done if they were in any potential danger or if the boiler were likely to stop working especially now that we are coming into colder months. I was just hoping to get some idea of what it could be. I hope that answers your question.
Well fair play to you , but if we do not know what boiler they have how are we expected to advise you ? a bit like saying my car is making a clunking noise , what is it

Well fair play to you , but if we do not know what boiler they have how are we expected to advise you ? a bit like saying my car is making a clunking noise , what is it
I understand what you are saying. Sorry. I'm a total novice with this sort of stuff and didn't know if it was a general issue that would be universal. I'll see if I can get the details from them and report back.

there are two main types of boiler the older standard efficiency and the more modern condensing boilers, both burn in different ways and if a newer condensing boiler could be a combustion issue and needs attention by a qualified engineer sooner rather than later

Well it is a condensing boiler then and if only 2 years old will most likely be under warranty, tell your neighbour to call the manufacturer they will confirm if still under warranty and will repair free of charge if the boiler has been sericed when due, if it hasnt they will probably charge for a service and re-instate the warranty, not all manufacturers do but most do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back