noisy boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
Does anyone have any ideas of what would cause a boiler to vibrate continuously, my father in law has a baxi wall mounted boiler, it's about 20 years old and works fine apart from this vibrating noise, he had a guy look at it and he said he needed a new boiler, not sure if this is right as it works perfectly fine apart from this, someone also mentioned it could be a fan problem, do boilers have fans???
thanks for any input

Sponsored Links
All recent and some older boilers have fans!

The fan could well be worn or dirty but they can be replaced or cleaned by a CORGI engineer.

Some engineers are rather odd and many will tell YOU what you should be doing and they imagine that you are then going to do exactly what they say!

Knowing the exact boiler model would enable us to know if it has a fan like a Baxi Solo for example. Fans can be a bit pricey at about £100-£200.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I dont know your boiler model or even if it has a fan!

Nor have I heard your noise!

But fans can become noisy!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back