Noisy Central Heating: Help Needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was wondering if you could help me.

I have a homecare400 policy with British Gas (BG). Last week a BG engineer came to the house to have a look at a plinth heater (as it was not working). While in the property he was running up and down (i.e. loft, airing cupboard ect.) checking the CH while trying fixing the problem with the plinth heater. To cut the story short, the plinth heater still does not work and what is worse since he left the CH has been making a very laud, rumbling & annoying noise.

I rang BG about it and had another engineer coming round the following day. He blamed the noise on the sludge in the CH. He did not do anything. The noise is still there.

I know my boiler is old (I am having it replaced in fee weeks time), but I was wondering if I could sort the noise out in the mean time as it really gets on my nerves.

I will be thankful for any help/suggestions. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Wait a few weeks for your new boiler which should come with a power flush and new magnetic filter.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back