Noisy Baxi 80 HE boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an instant Baxi 80 HE combination boiler with preheat. The boiler is making a lot of noise during pre-heat and on call for hot water. It can be described by an aggressive cat noise but more prolonged. If you don't have the CH on for a while the problem goes away after a few days, but after having the CH on the problem returns. There is no noise when the boiler is in CH mode. I should say that the system is not that old. When we recently drained the system the water was not that filthy and the boiler is only about 3 yrs old so i didn't think it would necessarily be sludged up. I have read some threads about 'O rings on the diverter valve'. Could it be this (is there a test) or is it something else?

Thanks, Paul

Sponsored Links
Without hearing the noise it's difficult but an aggressive cat (whinnying high pitched) could be the 'O' rings

Sponsored Links
Yes when i say aggressive cat it's probably more like tearing phone books in half, like a ripping/sloshing/swooshing, not high pitched.

All other boiler operation is fine, just the noise on pre-heat/hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back