noisy drafty double glaze window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The victorian house I moved into is all double glazed all the windows are fine but the 2 front ones I can hear all the street noise, cars people talking (even though it's not a busy road) its as though the window is open. I have checked for any gapsetc inside and out can't see anything but noise and draught seem to be coming through
Whatcan Ido to remedy this problem?

Sponsored Links
Do you have any trickle vents at the head of the window, these are notorious for letting noise through, even when closed.

None that are visable could they possibly be hidden???

Sponsored Links
i had the same problem take a sheet of paper shut the window so the paper is trapped between the rubber gasket and the frame if its like mine the paper flows freely round most off the window
ie the the rubber dosnt seal properly

the solution is different [bigger!!]seals dont ask me where you get them someone else will have to tell you that ;)

i like ventilation in my bedroom so it dosnt bother me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back