Noisy Glow Worm Fuelsaver Mark ii

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems with noise when my central heating is on. The noise is mainly detected in my upstairs bathroom (directly above the garage where the boiler is). The noise sounds like howling wind or gushing water. We've been here for 3 years and there has always been some noise but it is gradually getting louder. Also, when the heating is turned off the water is coming from the overflow pipe. All radiators are working fine and very hot throughout when heating is on.

I have checked the pilot light and it is fine, however when the boiler is "kicking in" (like a fridge does if you know what i mean) the light reduces then gets brighter again. This does not affect any heat in the radiators.

The boiler was last serviced in October 2004.

No problems with hot water as i have separate boilers for hot water and central heating.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Joanne266 said:
The noise sounds like howling wind or gushing water.
Cant say without hearing it. Could be noisy pump or kettling.
Try turning pump speed down / up and see if theres any change in the noise. If that gives no results then its probably kettling and would be best to get a powerflush although there are boiler noise reducing additives that help at least for a while.
Part number 15420 here

AlsoRead this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back