Noisy Halstead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead hero 60, fitted three and a half years ago into a twenty year old system, works via a Grunfoss twin head pump No problems till a couple of months ago when I removed a couple of rads for decorating and drained and then refilled the system using an inhibitor. Now when the temp control is set high the boiler howls like a pack of wolves, so much that I turned the control to about halfway to get rid of the noise, thing is that even at this setting there is plenty of heat to the HW and Rads.

Should I desludge the system with a Fernox product, will this clean the Heat Exchanger? any suggestions please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont think you will get mush response elsewhere!

If the system works fine at your halfway setting one might wonder why you ever turned it up any further before!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony, I know what you are saying but something must have changed.
Worked fine before on full setting for 3 years, now it howls really bad, just wondered why and if there is a remedy, there seems to be a lot of professional knowledge here, thought someone might have some advice.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back