Noisy Heating System when Hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a bit of a strange question and I hope someone can help as it's something I couldn't find in the FAQ.

My gas boiler (not combi) is working great with one exception, when the burner is running and its heating the water for the system as the water gets hotter there is a loud squeak coming from somewhere between the pump (which is just above the boiler) and T motorised value (located in the airing cupboard).

As soon as the burner turns off and the pump continues to run the noise quickly stops and resumes after about 10 seconds of the burner running.

I've tried turning the boiler temperature to its lowest setting which helps a little, I've checked all the rads for air and the pump is nice and quiet, I've also tried the pump on all 3 speed settings with no difference (it's normally on setting 2).

Any ideas what this noise could be as it wakes the kids up in the morning, so I'm suffering with even more than normal grumpy teenagers.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back