Noisy heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My fairly old (only moved in 6 months ago so I don't know how old) heating system makes quite a bit of noise. It's more of a trickling water sound than a gurgling and seems to come from the water cylinder.
If I release the air vent, air comes out then water. If I leave it a few minutes and repeat the procedure more air comes out then water.
Repeat ad nauseam :(
The tank in my attic has water in it. It it just a case of letting out more air each time from the vent and then waiting for more circulating air to collect? Or is there something else? I've tried bleeding the radiators and no air comes out.
Hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Further to this - If I keep bleeding the vent every 10 minutes or so I can eventually expel all the air and the system is quiet for a week or so then I have to expel more air.
Is there an easy method of replacing my manual air vent with an automatic one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back