Noisy Hot Water System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I have just flushed my central heating system as it was blocked up and all went very well, the house is as warm as a warm thing in a warm place.

Sligh issue with the hot water now so I am wondering what I have done. We have a standard hot water system heated by a gas boiler and the central heating system is a bog standard one with header tank etc and when the hot water and the central heating are on at the same time it is as quiet as a mouse.

The issue is when the hot water only is on it is making a right old racket with I think a lot of air trapped between the boiler and the main hot water tank.

I have located a bleed valve by the tank and removed as much air as I can but it still makes the noises. What am I missing?

Any advice appreciated.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like air is still in the DHW system. Run as per normal, then switch off. Now vent the hot water side again. Repeat as many times as required.

I have the same problem but can't locate a bleed valve on the hot water system. Where is it likely to be and silly question what might it look like?
There is a small belled valve on an upright pipe on the out side of the pump and after the two way valve. This is linked to the CH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back