Noisy, no hot water shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my shower pump. It's both noisy, with a grinding-type noise, and doesn't pump hot water. In recent days, it's also activated itself when you run hot water in the bath.

I'd be grateful for any ideas about the cause of this - and your views about replacing only the parts in the pump which have packed up rather than the whole thing, which seems to be wasteful.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My money is on a blockage ... but if you keep using it it will be u.s.

If its stand alone, turn it off, isolate water, remove tail pipes, trip pump over etc. (Mope up all the water that has just come out :))

Otherwise bearings ... new pump.

Hey, that would be a good idea!

It's a Watermill PC 50DLV - which is a low voltage pump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the speedy replies. I'll have a look tonight

Hmmm ... I've been struggling with this for a while now. I've checked the inlets and there was a bit of junk in the filters ...
but on putting the system back together again, the pump produces hot water but no cold!!!

With the pump switched off, hot wateer flows fairly freely but the cold trickles out. I've tried bleeding the air out of the system and have also checked that there is water at various points in the system by opening the compression joints up - all seems OK.

The only thing I can think is that there is an airlock in the piping immediately above the pump - there is an inverted section.

Does this seem likely - and if so, has anyone got a bright idea about how to remove it?!

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back