noisy non return valve in crosswater shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have just fitted a crosswater shower valve with a bath filler outlet and control on it as well as a shower outlet. This is operated by a salamander whole house pump. the problem is that the non return valve on the hot side makes a high pitched noise probably some kind of vibration when the temperature is increased or turned past the safety stop to fully hot.
It is definitely the valve because if you turn the adjusting screw right in it stops only trouble is then no hot water!!
I will try swapping the hot valve for the cold and visa versa tomorrow, if when on the cold side it still makes a racket then it is that component but what if the hot side still makes the noise with the cold nonreturn valve in that side any Ideas???
TIA
Nick

Sponsored Links
Hi lee
yeah I have read all of that booklet.I have not put in any in line non return valves they are actually built into the shower valve itself.
any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a faulty non-return valve to me, swap them over as you said then see what happens.

Did you give the pipework a good flush through before actually fitting the shower valve itself? possibly a bit of debris clogged up in it? any filters near the non-return valves?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back