Noisy Oven Fan (moved from Projects)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I've just replaced the element on my Neff U1721N2GB electric oven which I think (/hope) has solved a tripping problem I had. However, in this model there is a rather annoying feature which means you have to take the fan off to unscrew the old element. This was tricky, some WD40 and lots of tugging and pulling on the central boss. I did unscrew some screws on the very back plate which seemed to be holding the fan motor driver to the back of the oven (didn't quite realise this at the time and thought it might help). However, screwed them back in straight away and didn't hear anything drop etc.

As far as I can work out all the screws are tight back in, I don't think I pulled on the blade enough to bend it but hard to tell. Blade doesn't seem to be touching anything and it only makes the noise when the oven is on so the fan is being driven. Stops as soon as the oven is switched off, even if the fan is still spinning.

My question is, would unscrewing the fan driver screws cause anything else to get loose behind oven? or is there a possibility new element is rattling somehow?

Never buying a Neff again!

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back