noisy pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever since our water was cut off due to a leak down the road last friday we have noticed that the water pipes appear to be quite noisy (appears to come from either water coming into the main tank in the loft or exiting it) when drawing off water either hot or cold.

Any ideas what the problem is and solution?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not a plumber, but if you've tried to used your taps after the water was cut off, it might be air in your pipes. like i said i'm no plumber so i'm ready to be shot down :LOL: ;) run all your taps for 5 mins or so.

Hot taps off cylinder should not be affected by mains in road. Probably ball valve filling noise. Could be really simple such as now they have fixed the leak there is more pressure in the mains supply so what you can here is the water coming out faster, or could be muck got in and partially blocking ball valve creating the noise.

I wonder if there is more pressure - the refill from the mains seems noisier than normal - is there anything I can do about that?

a problem with the ball valve I suppose means a plumber job as I'm no good at that sort of thing - though maybe I'd better get up there and have a look first!

Sponsored Links
You can get 'silent' filling Torbeck valves for toilet cisterns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back