noisy pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first time on here.
I have a myson apollo 30 si wall mounted boiler with a potterton EP3001 programmer,potterton prt2 room thermostat,potterton ptt2 water temp thermostat, british gas motorised actuator (recently replaced including 3 port valve) and a grundfos selectric ups 15-50 water pump.
The actuator was replaced for what was thought to be the problem, which was persistent clicking when the system turned on to heat up.
The noise is still apparent and seems to be coming from the pump.
I would like some advice as to what in the pump can cause this noise please. :D :?:
All assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Chris

Sponsored Links
Does tyhe pump click all the time it is running or only initially after it starts up?

Thanks for replying.
Pump clicks / whirrs initially for a few seconds, then works normally.
Very noisy initially, systems works fine, heating & water.

I would suspect some muck in the pump. What was the water like when the valve was changed. Was it a BG valve ebfore or another make.

Sponsored Links
Hi tks for replying, the water looked ok, was a honeywell actuator before change. Just really noisy clicky/whirry sound, goes on for a few seconds, wakes whole house up, its fitted in the airing cupboard next to tank, actuator and water temp thermostat. Will post outcome when i get it fixed, wont be til next w/end. Cheers Chris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back